Saturday, January 27

Turning 25...

There's something about turning 25...

It made me reflect about all areas of my life and look for ways to improve my situation...

Relationships wise... I have learnt to treasure people dear to me, such as friends who have weathered through thick and thin with me, providing a listening ear whenever I need to get things off my chest and giving me great advices. Most of all, I have learnt to better appreciate my mom...

I have also learnt to let go of relationships that have caused me much grief over the years, or have drained my emotions quite completely... They made me realise how little I was loving myself... That's why 2007 is my 'Love myself more' year... Not narcissistic bt rather learning how to take better care of myself...

Health wise... I'm learning the importance of taking better care of my health... As a Christmas present for myself last year, I signed up with a gym and have been attending classes regularly (at least twice a week). I am getting fitter, no longer panting when I climb up the overhead bridge, and slimmer as well...

Spritually... I'm learning to draw closer to God, praying for his anninting on everything I do... In return, I have received a peace of mind, knowing he's watching me and giving me favours in everything I do...

Career-wise... that's an area of uncertainty in my life...

Frankly, I love what I do... the kids are great to be with (on most days!), the colleagues are friendly and easy to work with plus I have favours from my bosses...

However, over the last 6 years, I cannot deny that the stress of the job has taken a toil on my health. Last year, I practically clocked a MC a month (not as if it was something to be proud of!). I have also been on hormone pills for over a year to ensure a certain part of my anatomy can run like a clockwork... But I have since had to stop due to side effects... Now, things have gone awry for me again!

In like of this, I am really pondering if it's time for a career change... something less stressful for me... My gynaecologist has been bugging me to do something less stressful so I can tackle the root of my monthly problems... My facial therapist has also been telling me that so I can control spots that marr my 'beauty'.

I'm not afraid of working hard, neither am I afraid of new challenges... I just want a job that will end when I step out of the office... I no longer have an appetite for slaving over my computer, working my weekends away...

Financially, I would just like more $$$ for whatever I do... Like now, I'm only taking home less than $1.5K for the work I do... It's really bugging me how pathetic it is for the hours I put in... That averages to $60 a day for 11 hours of official work... It does not even begin to factor in the hours I put in at home...

In short, I'm tired... Over the years, the opportunity costs have really gone up for me and it's wearing me out... I really need a break from it all...

This is 'food' for me to seriously consider and to pray about over this year...

No comments: