Thursday, February 15

Ode to my Mom

My mom, in my opinion, is the greatest mom i could ever ask for... all these years, she had always been my champion, providing me with moral support especially in the area of my studies. I never was a good student... I was not failing but I din exactly get the best of grades either... She never made me feel inferior to my brother, who comparably scored better grades than I did... Instead, she would encourage me, telling me that having the best grades were not the most important. What was more important was that I enjoyed what I did and I did my best...

She has also supported me financially through my studies... Though I paid her back, she never failed to ask me if I needed help with my school fees. She would deposit the cheque in my account so I could sign for my school fees and earn my UNI$ points. She has also never harassed me to return the money. As long as i did return, which showed her I was financially responsible, it was enough for her...

I have a job that required me to put in ridiculously long hours... I leave the house at 6.30 am and I'm never home till almost 8 pm. Weekends, I'm also rarely free... having to do my marking, lesson plans, set and vet through exam papers etc. She does all the housework at home so I have a clean and comfortable house to come homw to...

I cannot ask for a better mom than her... one who has so unselfishly placed her children's needs above hers... and yet, request for so little in return...

On this special day, all I wanna say to her is "Happy Birthday" and thanks for always being there for me!

Although I missed service to spend a great birthday dinner with her and my aunts and cousins, this was remembered by her. She was very touched by my gesture... At least I did honour my Mom... I think I made God proud too! Hehee...

No comments: